Rendering a Batch of Replicas Using Adobe Media Encoder
Before you begin, ensure all of the following conditions are met:
- The Templater Settings effect has been applied to all layers intended to be dynamic.
- Column names or property keys in your data source match the names of dynamic layers.
- A data source, footage folder, and output folder are entered into the fields in the Batch Assets section of the Templater panel.
- In the Templater panel, click Preferences to launch Templater Preferences.
- In Templater Preferences, under Replication, click the Send replicates to Adobe Media Encoder checkbox. Click OK.
- In the Templater panel, enter a valid row range to processby entering start and end row numbers in the Render _____ through _____ fields.
NOTE Start row must be greater than 1 for Google Sheets and tabbed-delimited files. For JSON object arrays, start row must be greater than 0. Also, the end row must always be greater than the start row .
- Open the Adobe Media Encoder.
- In the Adobe Media Encoder panel, add a new watch folder.
- For the watch folder, select the output folder that you specified in the Templater panel, Batch Assets group.
- In the Templater panel, click Replicate.
- Ensure that the Adobe Media Encoder is processing the versioned replicate files in the watch folder.
NOTE During the rendering process, Templater removes replicates from the project folder automatically to conserve space on your hard drive.
WARNING When sending Replicates to the Adobe Media Encorder, Templater removes any unused footage references from your project and saves the master project file after each replication.