Specifying a Target Composition
You can specify a Target Composition for a batch process in one of the following three ways:
- Create a new column or property key in your data source, and label it
- Enter the name of a composition as displayed in AE's project panel into each row of the target column. This will set a specific target composition for each spreadsheet row or JSON object.
- In After Effects, open the project panel.
- Find the composition you want to use as a default target.
- Rename the composition by surrounding its name with double braces. For example, if your composition is named
final animation, then rename it to
- In the Templater panel, click Preferences to launch Templater Preferences.
- In the Templater Preferences dialog, in the Target Composition group, click on a composition to highlight it.
- Click OK.
- Templater will render the target composition you have highlighted.