Configuring Settings for the Bot
- In the Templater panel, click Preferences to launch Templater Preferences.
- In the Templater preferences dialog, in Bot Settings, enter a name for your Bot in the Bot Name field only if you will use more than one Bot to process the same data source.
NOTE You do not need to name your Bot nor have a corresponding bot column in your data source if you use a single Bot to process your data source.
- In the Check every ___ minutes for new Google Sheets data field, enter how often you want Templater to check your data source for new data. Set this preference to allow The Bot to check for new data more or less frequently. The default value is 3, and the minimum allowed value is also 3.
- In the Allow up to ___ rows to be queued at one time field, enter the number of rows The Bot can queue at a time. The Bot will queue and process up to this many rows of new data at any given time. The default value is 15, and the maximum allowed value is 100.
TIP Use the max queue value to efficiently process extremely large data sources. For example, you can set the
render-statusvalue for 10,000 rows in a spreadsheet to
ready, then have The Bot process 100 rows at a time. This reduces the memory needed by Templater to process all 10,000 rows.
- Click the ... button next to Shell script to run after each job to select a script that will run after each output task completes.
- Click the ... button next to Shell script to run after all jobs to select a script that will run after a batch of output tasks completes.