Troubleshooting Event Scripts
Verify the full command line incantation that Templater uses
- Open the templater.log file and search the text file for the phrases
POST JOB SCRIPT,
POST BATCH SCRIPT, or
BOT SHUTDOWNdepending on which event script you are troubleshooting.
- Locate the log line that shows a statement starting with "Full command line..." Highlight only the full command line as reported by Templater, and copy it to the clipboard.
- Start a new command line session and paste the full command line at the prompt. Press enter.
- Verify that your script executes as expected.
Log script output to a file
- Inside your script file, log output messages to a text file.
- After Templater finishes its tasks, inspect the log file to see if your script generated expected results.
Verify permissions of script files
- Verify that the script file is executable by the user running After Effects.
If the user does not have permission to execute the script file, a user with administrator privileges should set them for the script file. For example, on OSX, you can enter
chmod u+x myPostJob.shto make it executable for the current user. On Windows, use the Security tab in the script file's Properties dialog.