Templater is currently available as three separate editions, each with a specific feature set. Read our handy descriptions below to see which edition or combination of editions is right for your studio.
Templater Rig allows you to prepare an After Effects project file for dynamic content, map data from a data source to your project file, and preview how dynamic elements change as information from your data source is processed.
Templater Pro extends Templater Rig by offering desktop automation, allowing you to render or replicate batches of versioned compositions using data from your data source. You can prepare an After Effects project file for dynamic content, map data from a data source to your layers, preview, replicate, and render.
- Your clients have a database of customer information, and they require a quick turnaround for many unique videos based on that data.
- Your studio has multiple artists who need to work concurrently on different variations of a master composition.
- You have purchased a Templater-compatible AE template and want to create many unique versions of it quickly based on data from a data source.
Templater Bot is a fully automated enterprise solution for custom video on demand. It works as an automated system. You can use it to check for incoming data periodically, pull new data in, and render video as a background process. Or you can use a command line interface to push data in to create new renders. Once your AE project is initially prepared, you can use Templater Bot to customize and render it without operating the After Effects user interface. Developers can create front end applications, such as web or mobile apps, that feed data into Templater's data source, offering a collaborative, custom video content creation solution.
- You need an efficient way to create anywhere from 15 to 15,000 unique videos based on a data source.
- You want to automatically create a video based on web form input and run a script to upload it to a server.
- You want to integrate Templater into an existing automated production pipeline.
- You need to automatically run a script after every render job or after all render jobs are complete.
Table 1: Feature Comparison for Templater Editions