Switching between Project Files within a Single Spreadsheet
You can switch between AE project templates on a per-row basis within the same data source. You might want to do this if you have two or more template project files that need to make use of the same data.
NOTE In order to switch between projects within the same spreadsheet, your AE project files must open without error. Missing fonts or missing effects will halt the process.
- Create a column in your spreadsheet with the column header
- In each cell in the aep column, specify an absolute file reference path to a project file that has been prepared for use with Templater.
- Specify a target composition in your project that you want Templater to version. Refer to Specifying a Target Composition to learn more.
- In the Templater panel, in the Start and Finish fields, enter a range of rows from your data that you want to iterate through.
NOTE When referring to the row range, use the row's index as displayed in the sheet. Ranges must start from row 2 or higher.
- Click Render or Replicate, depending on which functionality you need.