Auto-Adjusting Comp Duration with Time Cropping
- Apply the Templater Settings Effect to a layer.
- In the Effect Controls, in the Time section, check the Comp Starts at In-Point box.
- Set the In-point of the layer within the timeline. The In-Point of the layer is where its containing composition will begin.
- Create another layer within the composition and apply the Templater Settings Effect to it.
- In the Effect Controls, in the Time section, check the Comp Ends at Out-Point box.
- Set the Out-point of the layer within the timeline. The Out-point of the layer is where its containing composition will end.
NOTE You can alternatively set the In-Point and Out-Point using one dynamic layer. As the footage duration of the layer updates during Templater’s processing, the In-Point and Out-Point will adjust dynamically. We do not recommend using more than two layers to specify the In-Point and Out-Point for time cropping. Using more than two layers can provide unexpected results.